• Selection show: March 7, NCAA.com
• First round: Campus sites, March 12.
• Quarterfinals: Campus sites, March 19.
• Semifinals, finals: Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, N.Y., March 25-26.
Qualifying teams: 11
Format: Five teams receive byes to the quarterfinals, where they are joined by the winners of three first-round games. All rounds are single elimination.
• Pool A: Seven postseason tournament champions — from ECAC Northeast, MASCAC, MIAC, NEHC, NESCAC, NCHA and SUNYAC
• Pool B: One institution from group of schools in conferences that do not qualify for Pool A consideration (ECAC West, WIAC)
• Pool C: Three institutions from automatic-qualifying conferences that are not their conference champions, and the remaining teams in Pool B
• PDF: Printable bracket
NCAA Division III men’s ice hockey committee
• Don W. Olson, St. Scholastica athletic director (chair)
• Tom Di Camillo, SUNYAC commissioner
• Bill Kangas, Williams coach
• Dan Stauber, Wisconsin-Superior coach
2017: Utica Memorial Auditorium, Utica, N.Y., March 24-25
2018: Olympic Center, Lake Placid, N.Y., March 23-24
|2016||Wisconsin-Stevens Point||St. Norbert|
|2014||St. Norbert||Wisconsin-Stevens Point|
|2001||Plattsburgh||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|1996||Middlebury||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|1993||Wisconsin-Stevens Point||Wisconsin-River Falls|
|1991||Wisconsin-Stevens Point||Minnesota State|
|1989||Wisconsin-Stevens Point||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|1985||Rochester Institute of Technology||Bemidji State|
* Plattsburgh’s participation in the tournament was vacated by the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions