• Selection show: March 5, 10:30 a.m. EDT, NCAA.com
• First round: Campus sites, March 10.
• Quarterfinals: Campus sites, March 17.
• Semifinals, finals: Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, N.Y., March 23-24.
Qualifying teams: 12
Format: Four teams receive byes to the quarterfinals. Eight teams play in first-round games to fill the quarterfinal field. All rounds are single elimination.
• Pool A: Seven postseason tournament champions — from CCC, MASCAC, MIAC, NEHC, NESCAC, NCHA and SUNYAC
• Pool B: One institution from group of schools in conferences that do not qualify for Pool A consideration (UCHC, WIAC)
• Pool C: Four institutions from automatic-qualifying conferences that are not their conference champions, and the remaining teams in Pool B
NCAA Division III men’s ice hockey committee
• Tom Di Camillo, SUNYAC commissioner
• Jared Phillips, Gustavus Adolphus assistant athletic director
• Craig Russell, Plymouth State coach
• Mike Szkodzinski, Lawrence coach