The Boston Red Sox and Atlantic Hockey have announced the addition of an Army-Bentley game to Frozen Fenway 2017.
The Black Knights and Falcons will play on Thursday, Jan. 5, at 7:30 p.m. EDT. The second game of their weekend series will be played on Friday, Jan. 6, at the John A. Ryan Skating Rink in Watertown, Mass.
“It is a great opportunity for our cadet-athletes to play in historic Fenway Park,” said Army coach Brian Riley in a statement. “We are excited to be part of Boston’s new winter tradition at Frozen Fenway. This will be an unbelievable experience for our team that they’ll always be able to look back on. We appreciate the league and Bentley for giving our program this incredible opportunity.”
“It is exciting for our team, school, and alumni to be part of the rich tradition of Fenway Park again this year,” added Bentley coach Ryan Soderquist. “It will provide another great venue to rally the university and alumni together as we continue to celebrate 100 years of Bentley.”
The updated schedule of Capital One Frozen Fenway 2017 hockey games is as follows:
Thursday, January 5, 2017:
• Army vs. Bentley at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 7, 2017:
• Boston University vs. Massachusetts at 1:30 p.m.
• Boston College vs. Providence at 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017: Women’s and Girls Hockey Day
• Nobles & Greenough vs. BB&N at 3:00 p.m.
• Girls Youth Hockey Clinic at 5:00 p.m.
• Harvard vs. Boston College at 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 12, 2017:
• Connecticut College vs. Bowdoin (NESCAC, women) at 4:00 p.m.
• Massachusetts-Boston vs. Babson (NEHC, men) at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 14, 2017:
• Maine vs. Connecticut at 4:00 p.m.
• New Hampshire vs. Northeastern at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets for all nine games are now on sale at redsox.com/frozenfenway.