… delayed edition. Is it really Monday again? Sheesh. I’ll keep this short since obviously my brain is still in weekend mode.
– Good to see St. Cloud keep the momentum going with a sweep over Michigan Tech.
– Good also to see a wide variety of players scoring.
– Good also to see SCSU winning despite their recent departures.
– Bad, however, to see Michigan Tech’s winless streak extend to 16 games.
– The non-conference games were mostly what we expected with North Dakota sweeping Robert Morris (outscoring the Colonials 10-1 on the weekend), Wisconsin sweeping Canisius (though Saturday’s game was a bit hairy in that regard) and Minnesota State sweeping AIC.
– I think a lot of people may have thought Bemidji would have swept Alabama-Huntsville, but remember; these two schools used to play each other quite a bit in the CHA.
– Besides, for college hockey, I’m selfishly glad that UAH won one of the games, giving them only their third victory of the season. It can’t be easy this season, competing as an independent, but I’m thankful the team hasn’t folded and hope that the Chargers continue to hang around. Somehow.
– Speaking of the Wisconsin series, an interesting stat that USCHO’s Benjamin Worgull put in his Saturday recap:
[Jake] Gardiner’s 14 shots Saturday night were the most by a Badger since at least 1998-99, according to UW’s Athletic Communications
– Also of note: Minnesota beat up on the U.S. Under-18 Team 9-0 and Minnesota-Duluth beat the future stars of tomorrow, 4-1.