– Matt Gilroy: No surprise. He was the favorite in my book and it’s a great success story.
– Missy Elumba: An inspiring young woman who turned adversity into a mission to help others.
– The skills competition continues to grow on me. As USCHO’s “Atlantic Hockey Guy” it was nice to see the AHA players perform so well. Zach McKelvie from Army (who has a brother here with Bemidji), Air Force’s Greg Flynn (who has a brother maybe here with Minnesota) and RIT’s Jesse Newman (who has a brother who’s not on a college hockey roster and I have no idea if he’s here) all did a great job.
– I’m trying to figure out why Flynn was on the West roster for the Skills Challenge but teammate Jacques Lamoureux was named an All-American from the East. Congrats in both cases.
– Favorite line of the night from (of course) Air Force coach Frank Serratore, who was behind the losing West bench for the Skills Challenge: “We got outcoached,” he said. “We didn’t gel in time.”
—Thanks to Theresa Spisak and Melissa Wade