Not much action this past weekend, so obviously this is going to be fairly short.
– Oh Michigan Tech … I wish you could turn things around. I’m also pretty sure your fans weren’t happy seeing you fall 6-2 to your UP rivals.
– With the loss, the Huskies saw their losing streak extend to 11 games.
– From the sounds of things, Brad Eidsness played pretty solid in UND’s exhibition win over the U.S. Under-18 Team.
– It is kind of amusing that his shutout bid was ruined by future Fighting Sioux J.T. Miller.
– Much as I expected would be the case, CC and UNO split their weird Saturday/Sunday series.
– CC’s winning streak extended to six games on Saturday, thanks in part to a hat trick by Omaha native Nick Dineen.
– Then, their winning ways were stopped thanks in part to John Faulkner’s shut out on Sunday.
That’s all from me for now. However, if you’re looking for some holiday hockey reading this week, I’ll be back … either Wednesday or Thursday with my annual midseason WCHA report card, so keep your eyes peeled for that.