This will be a regular thing – looking back on the weekend’s action.
A couple of interesting scores and interesting turnarounds in weekend series:
- MSOE put up a shockingly crooked number on Lake Forest on Friday, bombing the Foresters 9-0, including a hat-trick from junior Blair Hanberg. But the next night, Lake Forest goalie Scott Campbell made 44 saves to help his squad rebound for a 4-3 win.
- In Geneseo, Neumann won Friday’s battle of the Knights with a 6-2 win, but Geneseo turned things around on Saturday, winning 5-3.
A few teams that are off to good starts:
- Fredonia – Pounded Marian 8-2 and tied St. Norbert 2-2. Will that be enough to get the Blue Devils into the Top 15?
- Wisconsin-Eau Claire – Opened with a 3-2 win over Wisconsin-River Falls, mostly thanks to 42 saves from Ryan Mensing.
- Oswego – Is already 4-0 including a weekend sweep of fourth-ranked Elmira.
- Plattsburgh – Beat travel partner Potsdam 7-1 and played a competitive game against the US Under-18 team.
- Cortland – The Red Dragons are 3-0. They won four games all last season.
And some teams that are not:
- Marian – Not a good trip to Western New York.
- Potsdam – An 0-4 start, outscored 22-7.
Later this week; The Bowling Green coaching mafia, polls & coaches, and MCHA teams multiplying like bunnies.