Friday’s announcement of the RBK All-Americans spotlighted a new group of faces, with none of the 12 First Team honorees repeating from last year.
Led by Hobey Baker Memorial Award winner Ryan Duncan, North Dakota had two First Team selections and three overall honoress. Boston University had three total selections as well, while Michigan put two players on the First Team.
Noteworthy among the selections:
• Though no players repeated as First Team selections from 2006, Scott Parse of Nebraska-Omaha, a First Team choice last year, was named to the Second Team.
• Michigan’s T.J. Hensick was a First Team choice in 2005 and returns to that position in 2007.
• Five honorees were Second Team choices last year: BU goalie John Curry, Quinnipiac defenseman Reid Cashman, BC forward Brian Boyle, Maine forward Michel Leveille, and St. Cloud goalie Bobby Goepfert. All but Goepfert moved up to the First Team this year.
• Eleven of the 24 selections are seniors; six are juniors and seven are sophomores.
• The honorees hail from six states and five Canadian provinces. The leading source is Michigan with five native sons.
RBK First-Team All-America
G John Curry, SR, Boston University (Shorewood, MN)
D Drew Bagnall, SR, St. Lawrence (Oakbank, MB)
D Reid Cashman, SR, Quinnipiac (Red Wing, MN)
F Brian Boyle, SR, Boston College (Hingham, MA)
F David Jones, JR, Dartmouth (North Vancouver, BC)
F Michel Leveille, SR, Maine (Levis, PQ)
G David Brown, SR, Notre Dame (Stoney Creek, ON)
D Alex Goligoski, JR, Minnesota (Grand Rapids, MN)
D Jack Johnson, SO, Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)
F Ryan Duncan, SO, North Dakota (Calgary, AB)
F T.J. Hensick, SR, Michigan (Howell, MI)
F Jonathan Toews, SO, North Dakota (Winnipeg, MB)
RBK Second-Team All-America
G Jon Quick, SO, Massachusetts (Hamden, CT)
D Matt Gilroy, SO, Boston University (North Bellemore, NY)
D Sean Sullivan, SR, Boston University (Braintree, MA)
F Nick Dodge, JR, Clarkson Forward (Oakville, ON)
F Eric Ehn, JR, Air Force (Dexter, MI)
F Trevor Smith, SO, New Hampshire (North Vancouver, BC)
G Bobby Goepfert, SR, St. Cloud State (Kings Park, NY)
D Taylor Chorney, SO, North Dakota (Hastings, MN)
D Matt Hunwick, SR, Michigan (Sterling Heights, MI)
F Nathan Davis, JR, Miami University (Rocky River, OH)
F Scott Parse, SR, Nebraska-Omaha (Portage, MI)
F Mike Santorelli, JR, Northern Michigan (Burnaby, BC)